Sunday, March 1, 2009

"Think Globally, Act Locally"

I am your average Jo. The hype of the elections is over and we are all getting back to our own center of focus, dealing with our day-to-day lives. Some of us are struggling to keep our jobs or making ends meet. Some are worried about our children's education or about the number of guns on our streets. But if you're like me, you still feel that sense of hope that things will get better. Of course some of it has to do with a new President whose ideals are similar to mine, perhaps idealistic and realistic at the same time. I can get on that bandwagon. But it is also the realization that it is not our President that will make things better singly but a whole nation.

I created this blog to document my progress in helping, in my very small way, to make my community a better place ... and maybe in the process, if we all did the same, we'd have an impact on a state level, then a country level. Wouldn't it be grand if we could say we made a positive difference in the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment