Friday, November 19, 2010

My first beanie!

Yipee :D! I finished knitting my first beanie! The wool roving was in the bag of supplies that came with my spinning wheel so I spun the wool and plied two lengths into yarn and knitted this little beanie. Well, it's not so little. It's huge actually and thankfully, I have a big head. So, I guess I'll have to keep this one and start working on my next, being careful to measure next time.

Spinning and knitting is so addicting! And everyone, be nice to me or you'll be gifted beanies and scarves for every occasion for the rest of your life! LOL

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Joan....the beanie looks GREAT and so do you!! Clever you...I've never spun wool but I do love to knit and crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fantastic Joan! you're so inspiring...I wish i had the tenancity to follow throught with half the things you've done to leave a small foot print on our big earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Serena, thanks for the compliment! :) If you have a chance to spin, I think you'd like it. It's really relaxing and productive too!

    @ Meggie: I have too many projects! LOL I tell my friends that they have kids ... I have projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww....you and the beanie look cute. Awesome, Joanie,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jenny! :) I never knew that spinning wool and knitting things from scratch could be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete